Ph.D: Department of Haemostasis and Thrombosis, National Institute of Immunohaematology (ICMR), Mumbai, India
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=ww19zF8AAAAJ
Ph.D.: Department of Haemostasis and Thrombosis, National Institute of Immunohaematology (ICMR), Mumbai, India.
MSc.: National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science (Ministry of Home Affairs) Delhi, India.
July 2020 – Present: Research Scientist, JIS Institute of Advanced Studies and Research (JISIASR), Kolkata, India.
Dec 2016 – Nov 2018: Project Coordinator, National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani, West Bengal, India.
July 2014 – Aug 2016: Research Associate, Herbicure Healthcare Bio-herbal Research Foundation, Kolkata, India.
Jan 2010 – Dec 2010: Academic Fellow, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
Apr 2011 – Dec 2011: Academic Visitor, Medical School, University Of Sheffield, United Kingdom.
Jan 2007-Mar 2009: Research Associate, Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), Kolkata, India.
Genetics of haematological disorders, Forensic Genetics, Platelet Biology, Genomics, Metagenomics, Big Data Genomics and Population Genetics.
My research is aimed at improving understanding of the pathogenesis of inherited haemostatic disorders that include the identification and characterization of novel genetic defects underlying inherited platelet bleeding disorders and inherited Macrothrombocytopenia.
- A novel mutation in GP1BA gene leads to mono-allelic Bernard Soulier syndrome formof macrothrombocytopenia. Ali S, Shetty S, Ghosh K. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2017; 28(1):94-95.
- Congenital macrothrombocytopenia is a heterogeneous disorder in India. Ali S, Ghosh K, Daly ME, Hampshire DJ, Makris M, Ghosh M, Mukherjee L, Bhattacharya M, Shetty S. Haemophilia. 2016; 22(4):570-82e.
- Bengal macrothrombocytopenia is not totally an innocuous condition. Ali S, Shetty S, Ghosh K. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2016; 60:3-6.
- A Sensitive In vitro Spectrophotometric Hydrogen Peroxide Scavenging Assay using 1,10-Phenanthroline. Debanjan Mukhopadhyay, Pinakpani Dasgupta, Debalina Sinha Roy,Shauroseni Palchoudhuri, Ipsita Chatterjee, Shahnaz Ali, Sujata Ghosh Dastidar. FreeRadicals & Antioxidants. V (6)( (1) 2016.
- Differential expression of genes involved in Bengal macrothrombocytopenia (BMTCP). Ali S, Ghosh K, Shetty S. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2015; 55(4):410-414.
- Novel genetic abnormalities in Bernard-Soulier syndrome in India. Ali S, Ghosh K, Shetty S. Ann Hematol. 2014; 93(3):381-4.
- Single cell analysis exposes intra-tumor heterogeneity and suggests that FLT3-ITD islate event in leukemogenesis. Roni Shouval, MD Liran Shlush, Shlomit Yehudai-Resheff, Shahnaz Ali, Neta Pery, Ehud Shapiro, Maty Tzukerman, Jacob M. Rowe, Tsila Zuckerman.Internal Journal of Experimental Hematology, 2014; 42(6):457-63.
- Molecular Pathology of Rare Bleeding Disorders (RBDs) in India: A Systematic Review. Kulkarni BP, Nair SB, Vijapurkar M, Mota L, Shanbhag S, Ali S, Shetty SD, Ghosh K. PLoSOne. 2014; 9(9):e108683.
- The Epidemiology of FVIII inhibitors in Indian Haemophilia A Patients. PatriciaPinto, Tejashree Shelar, Vidhya Nawadkar, Darshana Mirgal, Alfiya Mukaddam, PreethiNair, Priyanka Kasatkar, Tejasvita Gaikwad, Shahnaz Ali, Anshul Jadli, Rucha Patil, AnitaParihar, Sharda Shanbhag, Bipin Kulkarni, Kanjaksha Ghosh, Shrimati Shetty. IndianJournal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, 2014; 30(4):356-63.
- Allele frequency distribution for 15 autosomal STR loci in Afridi Pathan population ofUttar Pradesh, India. Sabahat Noor, Shahnaz Ali, M.Eaaswarkhanth, Ikramul HaqueInternational Journal of Legal Medicine,Vol 11,Issue 6, 308-311.