Prof. Debabrata Chakrabarty
Prof. Debabrata Chakrabarty, PhD
Adjunct Professor, Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (CIS)
JISIASR Kolkata, JIS university
- Professor at Department of Polymer Science & Technology, University of Calcutta (About 40 years of teaching-research and administrative experience since 1981)
- 10 years of industrial experience before joining to University of Calcutta as a faculty member
Awards and Honours:
- Got selected for a berth in the “MARQUIST DICTIONARY” for “Who’s Who in the World” tentatively early nineties.
- Presently Chairman of the Education Sub Committee for Kolkata Chapter of Indian Institute of Packaging.
- Permanent member of the RAC/ IRC of NINFET.
- Life member of IICHE and IACS.
Prof. Chakrabarty has been one of the most regarded scholars in the field of polymer science and technology. He has published more than 100 research articles in several highly prestigious national/international journals with about 2000 citations in his research and academic career. His research interests include polymer synthesis, processing and fabrication of different polymer and rubber composites, rubber chemistry, basic materials science and materials chemistry, biopolymers, natural fiber based composites and their applications. He guided more than 15 research scholars for their PhD thesis and 2 more scholars are working presently under him. He did supervised more than 50 master and more than 100 under graduate students in his career.