Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (CIS), JISIASR
M.Sc (Vidyasagar University)
Ph.D (IIT Kharagpur)
Postdoc (IISER Kolkata)
Guest Scientist (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany)
Email id: email@example.com
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=bsy79cgAAAAJ&hl=en
Ph.D.: Biophysical Chemistry
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
Advisors: Professor Swagata Dasgupta
Dissertation Title: Protein- and polymer-based nanoparticles for delivery of flavonoids
MSc:Department of Chemistry; Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, West Bengal, India
BSc:Department of Chemistry; Midnapore College, Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, West Bengal, India
July 2023- Present: Assistant Professor, JIS Institute of Advanced Studies and Research (JISIASR), JIS University, Kolkata, India
2022: Guest Scientist, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
2021-2023: DBT Research Associate, IISER Kolkata, Kalyani,West Bengal, India
2019-2021: Research Associate, DST-RFBR Fellow, IISER Kolkata, Kalyani,West Bengal, India
Our major research interests are in the interdisciplinary field especially nanoparticles and drug delivery, protein chemistry, polymer chemistry, spectroscopic techniques, protein and polymer-based nanoparticles, biophysical chemistry, and amyloid protein aggregation
- Designing Nanoparticulate Systems for Drug Delivery
- Interaction of Proteins with Ligands/Nanomaterials
- Effect of Nanomaterials on Model Lipid Bilayer Membrane
- Design of Novel Therapeutic Agents for Modulating Protein Aggregation Process
- Bera, A.;#Ghosh, P.;# Goswami, K.; De, P. Amino Acid-Based Polymer-Coated Silver Nanoparticles as an Insulin Fibril Inhibitor. ACS Applied Nano Materials2023,6, 8705-8716. [# Equal author]
- Bera, A.;#Ghosh, P.;# Ghosh, S.; Mukherjee, A.; De, P. Antioxidant Polymers with Enhanced Neuroprotection Against Insulin Fibrillation. Macromolecular Bioscience2023, Just Accepted. [# Equal author]
- Ghosh, P.; Parveen, S.; Chaudhury, S.; Dasgupta, S. Polyphenol Loaded Nanoparticles as Antiglycating Agents: A Case Study with Human Serum Albumin. AsiaChem2023, 3, 66-77.
- Bera, A.;#Ghosh, P.;# Barman, S.; Bhattacharya, S.; Sudhamalla, B.; Goswami, K.; De, P. Insulin Fibril Inhibition Using Glycopolymeric Nanoassemblies. Biomaterials Science2023, 11, 3574-3588. [# Equal author]
- Singh, A.; Ghosh, P.; Mukherjee, S.; Ojha, A. K.; Hansda, A.; Choudhury, P.; Halder, S.; Sharma, S.; Mukherjee, G.; Dasgupta, S.; Chaudhury, K. Transition metallo-curcumin complexes: a new hope for endometriosis? J. Mater. Chem. B, 2022, 10, 9682-9698.
- Dey, A.; Haldar, U.; Rajasekhar, T.; Ghosh, P.; Faust, R.;* De, P.* Polyisobutylene-based glycopolymers as potent inhibitors for in vitro insulin aggregation. J. Mater. Chem. B 2022, 10, 9446-9456.
- Ghosh, P.; Bag, S.; Roy, P.; Chakraborty, I.; Dasgupta, S. Permeation of flavonoid loaded human serum albumin nanoparticles across model membrane bilayers. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 2022, 222, 385-394.
- Bera, A.; Mukhopadhyay, D.; Goswami, K.; Ghosh, P.;* De, R.;* De, P.* Fatty Acid-Based Polymeric Micelles to Ameliorate Amyloidogenic Disorders. Biomaterials Science2022, 10, 3466-3479.
- Ghosh, P.; Bag, S.; Parveen, S.; Subramani, E.; Chaudhury, K.; Dasgupta, S. Nanoencapsulation as a Promising Platform for the Delivery of the Morin-Cu(II) Complex: Antibacterial and Anticancer Potential, ACS Omega2022, 7, 7931-7944,
- Mondal, A.; Khan, M. E. H.; Ghosh, P.;* De, P.* Future Direction of Designing Antioxidant Polymers in Modulating Protein Aggregation Process. Journal of Molecular and Engineering Materials2022, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1142/S2251237321400013
- Sahoo, S.; Ghosh, P.; Khan, M. E. H.; De, P.* Recent Progress in Macromolecular Design and Synthesis of Bile Acid‐Based Polymeric Architectures. Macromol. Chem. Phys.2021, 223, 2100414.
- Bera, A.; Sahoo, S.; Goswami, K.; Das, S. K.; Ghosh, P.;* De, P.* Modulating Insulin Aggregation with Charge Variable Cholic Acid-Derived Polymers. Biomacromolecules2021, 22, 4833-4845.
- Nayak, K.;#Ghosh, P.;# Khan, M. E. H.; De, P. Side‐Chain Amino Acid‐Based Polymers: Self‐Assembly and Bioapplications. Polym. Int. 2021, 71, 411-425. (#Equal contribution)
- Ghosh, P.; Bera, A.; Bhadury, P.; De, P. From Small Molecules to Synthesized Polymers: Potential Role in Combating Amyloidogenic Disorders. ACS Chem. Neurosci. 2021, 12, 1737–1748.
- Sahoo, S.; Ghosh, P.; Banerjee, S.; De, P. Recent Advances in Biomedical Applications of Cholic Acid-Based Macromolecules. ACS Appl. Polym. Mater. 2021, 3, 1687-1706.
- Ghosh, P.; Bera, A.; De, P. Current Status, Challenges and Future Directions in the Treatment of Neurodegenerative Diseases by Polymeric Materials.J. Indian Chem. Soc. 2021, 98, 100011.
- Ghosh, P.; De, P. Modulation of Amyloid Protein Fibrillation by Synthetic Polymers: Recent Advances in the Context of Neurodegenerative Diseases.ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2020, 3, 6598–6625.
- Ghosh, P.; Bera, A.; Ghosh, A.; Bhadury, P.; De, P. Side-Chain Proline-Based Polymers as Effective Inhibitors for in vitro Aggregation of Insulin.ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2020, 3, 5407–5419.
- Parveen, S.; Ghosh, P.; Mitra, A.; Gupta, S.; Dasgupta, S. Preparation, characterization, and in vitro release study of curcumin-loaded cataractous eye protein isolate films.Emergent Materials, 2019, 2, 475-486.
- Roy, P.; Parveen, S.; Ghosh, P.; Ghatak, K.; Dasgupta, S. Flavonoid loaded nanoparticles as an effective measure to combat oxidative stress in Ribonuclease A.Biochimie. 2019, 162, 185-197.
- Ghosh, P.; Patwari, J.; Dasgupta, S. Complexation with Human Serum Albumin Facilitates Sustained Release of Morin from Polylactic-Co-Glycolic Acid Nanoparticles.J. Phys. Chem. B2017, 121, 1758-1770.
- Ghosh, P.; Bag, S.; Singha Roy, A.; Subramani, E.; Chaudhury, K.; Dasgupta, S. Solubility enhancement of morin and epicatechin through encapsulation in an albumin based nanoparticulate system and their anticancer activity against the MDA-MB-468 breast cancer cell line. RSC Adv. 2016, 6, 101415-101429.
- Ghosh, P.; Roy, A.S.; Chaudhury, S.; Jana, S.K.; Chaudhury, K.; Dasgupta, S. Preparation of albumin-based nanoparticles for delivery of fisetin and evaluation of its cytotoxic activity Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 2016, 86, 408-417.
- Singha Roy, A.; Samanta, S.; Ghosh, P.; Tripathy, D.R.; Ghosh, SK.; Dasgupta, S. Cell cytotoxicity and serum albumin binding capacity of the morin-Cu(II) complex and its effect on deoxyribonucleic acid.Mol. BioSyst. 2016, 12(9), 2818-2833.
- Singha Roy, A.; Ghosh, P.; Dasgupta, S. Glycation of human serum albumin affects its binding affinity towards (-)-epigallocatechin gallate.J. Incl. Phenom. Macrocycl. Chem. 2016, 85, 193-202.
- Chaudhury, S.; Ghosh, P.; Parveen, S.; Dasgupta, S. Glycation of human γB-crystallin: A biophysical investigation.Int J Biol Macromol. 2016, 96, 392-402.
- Singha Roy, A.; Ghosh, P.; Dasgupta, S. Glycation of human serum albumin alters its binding efficacy towards the dietary polyphenols: a comparative approach.J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2016, 34(9), 1911-8.
- Singha Roy, A.; Ghosh, P. Characterization of the binding of flavanone hesperetin with chicken egg lysozyme using spectroscopic techniques: effect of pH on the binding. J. Incl. Phenom. Macrocycl. Chem. 2016, 84, 21-34.
- Das, S.; Ghosh, P.; Koley, S.; Singha Roy, A. Binding of naringin and naringenin with hen egg white lysozyme: A spectroscopic investigation and molecular docking study.Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy2018, 192, 211-221.
- Das, S.; Karn, A.; Sarmah, R.; Rohman, M.A.; Koley, S.; Ghosh, P.; Singha Roy, A. Characterization of non-covalent binding of 6-hydroxyflavone and 5,7-dihydroxyflavone with bovine hemoglobin: Multi-spectroscopic and molecular docking analyses.J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017, 178, 40-52.
31. Majumdar, R.; Bag, B.G.; Ghosh, P. Mimusops elengi bark extract mediated green synthesis of gold nanoparticles and study of its catalytic activity.Applied Nanoscience. 2015, 6, 521-528.
Conferences & Workshops Attended:
- International conference on advances in polymer science and rubber technology (APSRT 2019) held during 24th-27th September 2019 at IIT Kharagpur, India
- Symposium on Polymer Science (SPS-2019) jointly organized by SPSI (Kolkata Chapter) & CAFM, IISER Kolkata held on July 05-06, 2019 at IISER Kolkata, India
- 253rd American Chemical Society NATIONAL MEETING & EXPOSITION held during April 2-6, 2017 in San Francisco, CA, USA
- 22nd Conference of National Magnetic Resonance Society (NMRS) 2016 organized by Department of Chemistry, IIT Kharagpur held on 18th-21st February, 2016 at IIT Kharagpur, India
- 18th CRSI NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM in Chemistry held during February 5-7, 2016 in Punjab University, Chandigarh, India
- Author Workshop on “Scholarly Publishing”, organized by Wiley and Central Library, IIT Kharagpur, held on March 23, 2015 at IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, India
- National Symposium on Biophysics & Golden Jubilee Meeting of Indian Biophysical Society (IBS) held during February 14-17, 2015 in Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India
- One day symposium on Current Trends in Synthetic Organic Chemistry held on January 13, 2015 in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, India
- International Conference on “Light in Chemistry, Materials and Biology (LCMB 2014)”, held during February 24-25, 2014 at IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, India
- “Author Workshop jointly organized by Springer and IIT Kharagpur” held on February 12, 2014 at IIT Kharagpur, India
- National Symposium on Molecular Architecture and Assembly in Living System (MADALS-2014) held during February 7-10, 2014, jointly organized by Indian biophysical Society (IBS) and Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP), at SINP, Kolkata, India
- ACS on Campus event held on November 25, 2013 at IIT Kharagpur, India
- One Day International Symposium on ‘Frontiers in Chemical Sciences-2012′ organized by Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, India held on 21st March, 2012
Awards & Achievements:
- Awarded Young Researcher Award 2022, by InSc International Publishers.
- Awarded most coveted women inspiration award “Global Women Inspiration Awards & Conclave 2022”
- Awarded International Excellence Fellowship in 2022.
- Awarded DBT RA fellowship in 2021.
- Reviewer of Journal of Macromolecular Science, Part A: Pure and Applied Chemistry, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Molecular Pharmaceutics, Scientific Reports and Communications Biology.
- Winning best poster award at international conference, APSRT 2019.
- Gold medal awarded by Vidyasagar University for securing 1st position in M.Sc. (in 2012).
- Gold medal (Scientist Dr. Narayan Chandra Rana memorial medal) awarded by Vidyasagar University for standing best student of the year 2012 in all PG examination in science
- Gold medal (Sucharita Basu memorial medal) awarded by Vidyasagar University for standing 1st among candidates in all PG examinations (in 2012).
- Gold medal (Biswanath De memorial medal) awarded by Vidyasagar University for standing 1st among candidates in M.Sc examination in Chemistry (in 2012).
- Gold medal (Pravabati devi memorial medal) awarded by Vidyasagar University for securing highest marks among the successful candidates in M.Sc examination in Chemistry (in 2012).
- Qualified for the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India (in 2012).
- Qualified for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) (in 2012).